I’ll let you in on a family recipe that always clears the plate. These bars are from my grandma’s sweet arsenal and are simple and deceiving at the same time. Easy to make, and a big crowd pleaser. You might as well make a double batch to ensure that you get some too!
Oh Henry Bars
- 2/3 cup margarine, melted
- 4 cups of quick oats
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
1. Combine the melted margarine with the oats, brown sugar, vanilla and corn syrup. Stir until everything is incorporated.
2. Put batter into an ungreased 9″x13″ glass Pyrex type pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 11-13 minutes, until bubbly. Be careful not to overcook, you don’t want them too “browned” because as they cool they will harden.
3. Once the bars are cool, melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter and spread over the top. Place in refrigerator to set.