Any chance I get to cook dinner in the crockpot, I’ll do it! Its easy and nearly foolproof and here is a very flavorful recipe for Korean Beef Tacos that are out of this world delicious!
Korean Beef Tacos
- 2 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 4 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sriracha
1. Mix everything except the beef in a bowl and whisk until blended.
2. Place the beef in the crockpot and pour the mixed together liquid over it. It should nearly cover the meat, add additional water if needed.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours.
4. Serve on warm corn tortillas and top with cucumber slaw (recipe below) and other other desired topping (additional sriracha, sour cream, queso fresca, green onions, etc).
1 thinly sliced cucumber (seeds removed), chopped
1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
2 tsp rice vinegar
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Toss all ingredients together and top the taco with about a tablespoon each.
These were really good, definitely something I’d make again. They smelled so good that I nearly forgot to snap a picture (thus the crappy picture taken with my point and shoot camera-no time to get out the DSLR!). Serve it with some jasmin rice and it makes the perfect meal. Leftovers were great too!